[tlug] RE: Tlug Digest, Vol 10, Issue 40

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:27:45 +0900
> From: stephen@example.com
> Subject: [tlug] RE: GPL V3
> To: Tokyo Linux Users Group <tlug@example.com>
>
> burlingk@example.com writes:

<snip>
> What you say is quite possibly true.  But the fact is that
> unless you quote the claims, we have no idea what has been patented.
>
> I have never seen any evidence whatsoever that the things
> that you say have been patented have been patented.  Note
> that there is every reason to grant a patent on a new use of
> an old widget to create a certain kind of button that had not
> been used in that way before.  But the hype will say, "Patent
> Sharks LLC got a patent on GUI buttons!

I think when I have the time I shall make it my quest to study these
subjects and find sitings for and against the different claims I have
heard.

Some subjects are easy to get emotional over.  I think that is why the
concept of hype works so well.  ^_^ I need to wait until I am on land
and can look things up before making any overly large posts I think.