Re: [tlug] making make?

scott wrote:
I've just installed the linux distro of Checkpoint firewall on a Dell
server, but it didn't recognize the Intel quad ethernet cards. The
kernel is 2.4.9-42cpsmp, and lsmod shows e1000.5.2.16 so it was able to
detect the onboard gigabit ethernet. However when I tried to compile the
driver that came with the quad cards, there was no make, also no
rpmbuild command. Quick question- how does one go about making make?
Maybe from rpm?

If you actually want to learn how to compile the module look at Linux Device Drivers, Third Edition[1]. Especially Chapter 2: /Building and Running Modules.

Edward

1. http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3//