Re: [tlug] Making sure people get the message

On 2006-10-14 13:19, Josh Glover wrote:
> On 14/10/06, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:
>> now set properly, in the "Received:" header, I noticed it still says
>> "from nobody by server.gutteridge.info with local (Exim 4.52)".
>
> These two things are the same question. You have sent a mail that was
> handled completely on your local machine, without involving SMTP [...]

And the 'nobody' part probably comes from the user your web server/PHP
process is running as.

BTW, have you looked at the http://phpmailer.sf.net/ class?  It has
lots more knobs than the standard mail() function... including the
ability to inject the mail by SMTP instead of using the sendmail method.

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/AI8A                            GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/