Re: [tlug] Making sure people get the message

On 14/10/06, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:

I just tested on of my emails, and Spamassassin returned this message:

-0.0 NO_RELAYS              Informational: message was not relayed via SMTP
[...]
Although the Reply-To and Return-Path headers of my outgoing mails are
now set properly, in the "Received:" header, I noticed it still says
"from nobody by server.gutteridge.info with local (Exim 4.52)".

These two things are the same question. You have sent a mail that was
handled completely on your local machine, without involving SMTP at
all. exim's mail or sendmail wrapper just injected the mail right into
the delivery queue.

Try sending a mail to your Gmail (or whatever) account, and looking at
the headers there. Or, if you want to see specifically what
SpamAssassin does, set Gmail (or whatever) to forward mail back to
your gutteridge.info address. That way, the mail will go out to a
Gmail SMTP server, then be forwarded back to mail.gutteridge.info.

Cheers,
Josh