[tlug] PDF creation with Japanese and macrons

Dear Tlug,

To add to the making pdf discussion: I found that one of the best platform independent ways to make PDF's (with Japanese and my own weird custom fonts), is to print to a postscript file, and then use www.ps2pdf.com to do an online conversion. Of course you can do it yourself using AFPL Ghostscript just like the website does, but the free online service means that anyone who can get their system to write a postscript file is in business. This is a great way for me to make PDFs from ancient Nisus multi-lingual texts on a Mac OS 9 (which the simple ps2pdf command line tool will not handle.)

David Riggs

<<winmail.dat>>