Re: [tlug] issues with format of double - SOLVED

On 12/10/06, Michal Hajek <hajek1@example.com> wrote:

just a short note for those who remember my previous struggle with speed
and format of double in relation with measurement which I do...

Short summary: [...]

Michal,

Thanks for providing a summary! I am very happy to see TLUGgers
contributing back to the list when they are able to solve a problem.

Might I suggest a convention for ease of search, though:

The subject line of summary emails should begin with either [SUMMARY],
if the problem remains unsolved, but you just don't have the time or
willingness to pursue it further; or [SOLVED] if the problem has been
solved.

e.g. a thread named "[tlug] How do I foo a bar with GCC 3.95?" would
be renamed "[SUMMARY] How do I foo a bar with GCC 3.95?", if the
problem could not be resolved--for as we all know, it is not possible
to foo *anything* in GCC 3.95! ;)

A thread named "[tlug] USB support in Linux 2.4.5" could be named
"[SOLVED] USB support in Linux 2.4.5", if the problem has been
resolved.

That way, archive / mbox / maildir / Google (you guys *do* know that
we are opening the archives to Google--with address munging--when we
switch back to Hikari, right?) searches will be a little easier.

Dou omou?

-Josh