Re: [tlug] navigating the LAN (Windows/SAMBA)

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:00:03 +0900
tlug-request@example.com wrote:

Walter Hansen wrote:

>There are probably some gui tools for surfing arround a windows network,
>but I don't do much in Linux gui so I don't know much about them. I think
>I've done stuff from Knoppix disks before though.

smb4k works well for graphically browsing a windows network and automounts shares. However, if you use it under SELinux, you will have to edit the security policy. I'm using Fedora 5 and they still haven't enabled smb4k in the standard policy file.

Don