Re: [tlug] Hangup on etch boot

Charles Muller wrote:

> I also confirmed that without my fstab entry, the drive is
> still assigned the same address of "/dev/sdb1".

Although not likely, it's possible that sometimes your computer
assigns /dev/sda as your USB drive and /dev/sdb as your real SCSI
drive. That quickly goes no where when trying to
mount /dev/sdax partitions of your USB drive.

Now for an aside about nomenclature.
/dev/sdb1 is the _name_ (not address) of a _partition_ (not drive).
/dev/sdb is the name of a _drive_.
What Linux folks call a mere partition (of a drive),
Windows folks often call a drive.