Re: [tlug] system clock jump

Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

I have worked around it by having ntpdate run after bootup. I'm
lazy and that was easier than trying to do the right thing
(finding and fixing the real cause of problem...).

Due to my general computing ignorance, up until last night, I didn't even know there was such a thing as two different clocks (hardware and system clocks), and had never heard of ntp, ntpdate, time servers, rdate, etc. So I spent an intensive few hours reading through everything I could Google up. I understand a little bit now, but I wasn't able to succeed in getting anything working. I would either get denied by the time servers, or the information wouldn't make the change in my system clock.

Would it be possible for you to post a sample of the command, or script that you use that is presently working?

Chuck

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University
Faculty of Humanities