Re: [tlug] Hangup on etch boot

Regarding my intermittent hangup on Etch boot, I've discovered that it does not hang if I removed my external usb drive, so apparently this is causing some kind of conflict.

I took the entry for the drive out of fstab, and this doesn't seem to make any difference. I also confirmed that without my fstab entry, the drive is still assigned the same address of "/dev/sdb1". It's relief to know that I can start my system now, but I wonder if anyone has any idea if I might be able to fix this? I am guessing that it probably doesn't matter, but am attaching my fstab again below.

#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/sda8       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/sda9       /home           ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/sda10      /mnt            ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/sda11      none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/sda7	/mnt/knoppix    ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hda        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0
/dev/scsi/host4/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /media/usb0     auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0

/dev/dvd /media/dvd  iso9660  defaults,ro,users,noexec,noauto  0  0

/dev/sda2 /mnt/win_c vfat noauto,users,uid=chuck,gid=chuck,umask=000 0 0
/dev/sda5 /mnt/win_d vfat noauto,users,uid=chuck,gid=chuck,umask=000 0 0
/dev/sda6 /mnt/win_e vfat noauto,users,uid=chuck,gid=chuck,umask=000 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /mnt/usbdrv vfat noauto,users,uid=chuck,gid=chuck,umask=000 0 0

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University
Faculty of Humanities
1660 Hiregasaki, Nagareyama-shi