Re: [tlug] Debian supported wireless PC Card

David Riggs wrote:

> It seems pretty hard for Linux writers to get anything
> out of Intel.

This is likely to change. Intel perceives an opportunity
to increase market share by courting Linux by opening up.
I mainly hear about this in relationship to video chips
and drivers.

> So, just FYI, what I decided to do was to get a box that
> receives the 802.11g signal from my router and puts out
> ethernet.

If that's all it does, then the proper technical term is bridge.
Of course, few buyers know what a bridge is,
hence the marketing term "Gaming Adapter".
Many "wireless routers" can do the same thing, and can do it cheaper.

> now in Ohio ...

Hopefully you made it to the festival yesterday
and got to see the live penguins.

   http://www.ohiolinux.com

The box that the penguins were brought
had towels over it. I expected them to be packed
in ice, but they explained that these penguins,
like most penguins like the temperature to be at least
20C, so the towels were to keep the birds warm,
since it was cool and wet yesterday.