Re: [tlug] Making sure people get the message

So, does anyone have any idea of any scripts, tricks, or anything so
that I can feel reasonably sure that my email won't be stopped by overly
enthusiastic anti-spam measures?

I'm not sure if you have been on this page:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AvoidingFpsForSenders

Spamassassin is probably one of the most popular rule-based anti-spam filter. Any other filter would have similar rules to spamassassin. You can also go through the rule listing. Actually you check each message with SA and see what
results it generates.

That would be a first step.

2nd step is that you should "lower the suspiciousness of e-mails you forward". For instance - if people are sending using Outlook, change their user agent to Thunderbird or "SmartPHPForwarder". You can get rid of some other suspicious headers, rip off the signatures and so on. It might sound a bit brutal strategy, but if your goal is a better chance to delivery - then do it and mention on the mailing list rules. You can also make it optional and enabled by default.

I hope my suggestions will help ;)

romans
http://japan.void.lv/