Re: [tlug] run on startup, but not too early

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 17:24:07 -0400
Charles Muller <acmuller@example.com> wrote:

> I like to have my fat32 drives, which are registered as /mnt/win_d and
> /mnt/usbdrv, automatically mounted on startup. But if I register them as
> "auto" in FSTAB, the usually end up being mistakenly mounted as
> non-writable, no matter what other commands I include,
What if you explicitly give the flags rw,user,auto in fstab?

> and nothing I do
> manually can change this once the system is running.
There is a remount option to the mount command.

> Is there possibly a file or directory where I can put these mount
> commands in a way that they are one of the latter, or last events in the
> bootup process?
Why would you want to mount it later? If I understood correctly, the
problem is with permissions getting incorrectly set.