Re: [tlug] Making sure people get the message

Stephen wrote:

> Dave M G writes:

>  > ... I use a PHP script that reads all the emails from a
>  > database, and sends them out one by one. I would have
>  > thought that would do the trick.
>
> Spammers have been on to that trick that since, well, since they
> started spamming.

Yup. So make your email look like it was not sent by PHP.
Send a letter to yourself with PHP. Peruse the headers.
What is the mail client? PHP allows you to add or change some
of the headers lines of email sent. A PHP (or absent) mail client looks spammy.
Fill in other headers line to look like other legitimate mail.

Dave M G wrote:

> Apologies if this veers off topic, as it is more about email handling
> than Linux management.

If you are using Linux (such as PHP on Linux) to send your email
then it's on-topic, so don't sweat it. (You _are_ using Linux to
send your email, right?)