Re: [tlug] Trouble with Japanese input in OpenOffice

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:42:22 +0900, Dave M G <martin@example.com>
wrote:

> Where text appears in the spreadsheet, it appears fine.
>
> But in the "input line" at the top of the page where one does the
> editing of the content of individual cells,

Strange. I've always selected a cell I wanted to edit, hit F2, and the
editing takes place in the cell, not in the input zone.

> the font and kerning of Japanese characters is so bad that it's hard
> to do any inputs.
>
> Literally, as I type in the input line, the font will change, the
> cursor will jump, and some kanji won't display, making it near
> impossible to do any editing.

I just tried to reproduce this with OOo 2.0.2 and scim-anthy, and there
were no problems.

The fonts I'm using for Japanese are sazanami-mincho and -gothic.

I'm using X.org-6.8.2 with GTK-2.8.13.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Last time someone listened to a bush, folks wandered around the desert
for 40 years.