Re: [tlug] [Fwd: Re: scripts not running in cron.hourly, etc.]

Does this mean that if my computer is not turned on at 6:25 am, the jobs
in that directory will not run that day?

Try some other cron:

========

"Anacron is a periodic command scheduler. It executes commands at intervals specified in days. Unlike cron, it does not assume that the system is running continuously"

http://anacron.sourceforge.net/

========

"But fcron does not assume that your system is running neither all the time nor regularly : you can, for instance, tell fcron to execute tasks every x hours y minutes of system up time or to do a job only once in a specified interval of time."

http://fcron.free.fr/

========

fcron is more powerful (my choice), but they decided not to support / etc/cron.d and /etc/cron.daily, hourly, monthly.

romans