Re: [tlug] scripts not running in cron.hourly, etc.

On 9/24/06, Charles Muller <acmuller@example.com> wrote:
I have recently tried experimenting with running administrative scripts
from cron.daily and cron.hourly instead of my regular cron file (crontab
-e). But the scripts I put into these folders don't seem to run.

I confirmed that they are executable and have the same permissions as
the other default Debian scripts that are in the same folder, and they
will run from my regular crontab. I googled "cron.hourly not running"
and similar keywords, but did not turn up anything useful.
Any ideas?

Check that cron is running the scripts with the same PATH that you
expect it is running with. Also if things are not running as expected
add more logging and remove any redict ouput to /dev/null to see
whether they are getting run at all. Also double check the file
permissions to check that they are readable.

--
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."   - Benjamin Franklin