Re: [tlug] server software for storing photos

On 9/21/06, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
> 3) While Gallery 1 does not require MySQL to work, the directory of
> images has to be publicly accessible on the internet, ...

I just checked, all ready to refute this, but you're right! And the URLs
are not that hard to guess either. I'd always thought they piped the
images through a PHP script. Does Gallery2 do that? I've been meaning to
upgrade for ages.

Yes, Gallery 2 restricts your access through a script. Links to the
album pages are like this:
http://myserver.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=63
If you're not logged in, G2 redirects you to the login screen before
taking you to the album

Hector