[tlug] stiching together images (alternates to hugen?)

Hi everyone,

I got so sick of getting lost all the time in Tokyo I ended up getting a
GPS. However I haven't been able to find a large single GPS map of Tokyo
yet. I did find this site:

http://watchizu.gsi.go.jp/index.aspx?mesh=5339

that has individual GPS ready map data, and from that I have downloaded
large sections of Tokyo images that I would like to stitch together. I
tried using Hugin, but it keeps wanting to perform lens correction,
autocorrect for pitch & yaw etc.- it appears this software is more for
creating correct panoramic images, and not just combining flat images.

Does anyone know of any simpler software that could help me with this
project?

Thanks in advance,

Scott VanDusen
35'40.096'N