Re: [tlug] server software for storing photos

On 2006-09-19 21:33, Hector Akamine wrote:
> Can somebody recommend an open source server software for storing
> photos similar to Gallery (http://gallery.menalto.com/)? Gallery is
> very cool, but I would like to try something that does not require
> MySQL+PHP

Gallery 1.5.x does not require a database backend and is small and
easy to setup.  I prefer it to the newer 2.x version.  (It is still
PHP based however.)

For pages that get visited a LOT right after an annual event I report
on, I put together a simple Python script that builds static HTML
pages of thumbnails and descriptions.  The Python Imaging Library and
an easy interface to ImageMagick make this easy to hack together and
customize to suit.

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/AI8A                            GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/