[tlug] Open Discourse v Private Replies followed by a Public Summary . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Re: OT Posting)

It's that thing of many eyes making bugs shallow.

stephen@example.com wrote:

> Note I'm not saying that there should be no public threads, just that
> summaries, whether of an off-list poll or of an on-list thread, are
> good things to have.

I used to feel as you do. I've come to value open discourse more.
When a summary is posted, information is lost.
What seems unworthy of mention to the summarizer,
may be an important clue to somebody else.

It would be good for person with the problem to follow up with a
note on the solution, which could be a summary, but this would
be in addition to, not in place of public discussion.