Re: [tlug] Interactions between English and Japanese OS'es/Networks.

That actually makes sense to me.  It makes a lot more sense than the other claims.  Most people who experienced issues were using Windows machines from what I saw, and Windows XP actually makes it awkward to try to see the network settings.  At least Home Edition does.

As for the entire network slowing down, I have never witnessed it personally.  :-) I suppose I should not worry too much about it, and make sure to follow any warning signs at the internet cafe's.  I don't really frequent them too often any more anyway since I aquired a laptop. :)