[tlug] nfs through a firewall

Hector Akamine writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I want to set up a NFS server in a PC that has a firewall (iptables)
 > enabled.

Uh, no, you don't.  :-)

Seriously, NFS was not designed to pass over firewalls.  Prolific use
of ports, dynamic assignment of listening ports, etc.  Although by now
it's probably been pretty well beaten into shape, NFS itself has a
long history of security holes.  If I were going to try to use NFS
across a firewall, I'd almost surely use a VPN.

Steve