Re: [tlug] Advice (was: Re: xbuntu on Toshiba Libretto L1 video resolution X11)

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 18:15 +0900, burlingk@example.com wrote

> My advice to anyone experiencing issues during install, is to get the
> network adapter up and going first, then worry with the video. :-)  Once
> the network adapter is going, a copy of screen, and iirc or bitchX will
> go a LONG way to getting the rest working.

I agree and I would but I discovered that USB network device I have will
not work ... yes I am sure it can be made to work... and before I spend
the 2000 yen at BIC for a PCIMCIA one that I know will work I would like
to get the screen working correctly.

The major use for this will be watching tv/movies during my long weekly
commutes to Gotemba and back..... If I cant get the video working
correctly then there is really no point ... I will just put windows back
on it and put it on yahoo. Then save my money for a real cool toy like a
Zarus;)!

E./