Re: [tlug] xbuntu on Toshiba Libretto L1 video resolution X11 (among other) problems --update

On 9/1/06, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
On 01/09/06, GMO Unix Erin D. Hughes <erin-hughes@example.com> wrote:

> But the key selling point for this laptop when it came out was battery
> life touted at 14 hours but tested around 12 ....

Sometimes doing a few full charge - full discharge cycles helps get
back som of the battery life. Real _full discharges_.

14 hours!? Really?

Has anyone on the list ever seen that kind of battery life in
practise? If so, I'm rushing out and buying that device at once! I
would love to be able to code all the way from NRT to IAD! :)

No... I have a Toshiba Dynabook with centrino, and when I bought it 3
years ago it was one of the longest battery lifes you could get.
Roughly 5 - 6 hours for "normal" usage. I don't know about the life
with VI in console mode, but that sounds quite scary... ;)

Evan