Re: [tlug] xbuntu on Toshiba Libretto L1 video resolution X11 (among other) problems --update

> Did it last an hour while watching a movie? If so, that is not bad,
> especially for a slower processor. My 1.4GHz 'top can only do about an
> hour of watching XViD AVIs with mplayer before the battery dies.
> Obviously, uncompressed video would give you longer battery life but
> much larger file sizes.

Yes and no .... it lasted about a hour while watchin some American TV but that was when W2000 was
still loaded on it. Typically just using the Itunes or web browsing
still with 2000 it lasted about 2 or a little more... but I only had it
about 4 days before I began experimenting....(insert evil laughter
here.....)

> If the laptop's battery lasted only an hour while doing "normal" stuff
> in X (i.e. not watching movies), that is pretty crappy. My laptop gets
> about 2.5 or 3 hours (the battery is three years old now) while coding
> in XEmacs, almost 4 hours if I just use vi in text mode (i.e. without
> starting X).

But the key selling point for this laptop when it came out was battery
life touted at 14 hours but tested around 12 ....
I realize the battery is old and a new one will cost about 1 mann so
when and if I get everything else working to my satisfaction I may sink
the yen into the new battery.