Re: [tlug] xbuntu on Toshiba Libretto L1 video resolution X11 (among other) problems --update

On Sep 1, 2006, at 8:48 AM, GMO Unix Erin D. Hughes wrote:

Where you ever able to get the usb functioning or any network cards?

I never had problems with USB but used it only with a card-reader.
For Network I'm using a PCMCIA-card (corega Ether II PCC-TD -- it's
10 MBit but functions). For installing the system I install the HDD
in another computer, install the system and build it into the
Libretto again.

Niels
Ya that is what I did too I did to get the os on there as well... you
said you were able to get the X server functioning correctly with Suse?
which version?

SuSE 9.3 and then the XFConfig you can find in the internet (e.g.: http://linux.toshiba-dme.co.jp/linux/jpn/pc/x/L1-turbo8)

What distro are you using now .... I would prefer something with xfce
but I am not too picky really I would like it just to work ... :)

Ubuntu but I'm still on 800x600...

...... yes I know you can load Distro and then add in xfce but I would
like it be included in the distro as a supported interface.

I installed XFce on SuSE which wasn't that easy if you wanted an up- to-date-version of it -- had to insall it with --force and --nodeps which brought some problems with some tools...

Niels

--
Marty: [looking at the cloth] It's a key!
Jack Sparrow: No! Much more better. It is a drawing of a key. Gentlemen, what do keys do?