Re: [tlug] xbuntu on Toshiba Libretto L1 video resolution X11 (among other) problems --update

On Sep 1, 2006, at 8:23 AM, GMO Unix Erin D. Hughes wrote:

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 07:57 +0200, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:

I have the same problems and even tried a configuration that
functioned when I ran SuSE (with XFree 4.3 or so) on that machine.
Asked similar questions on this list several months ago and didn't
get an answer :(
I know there are a lot of debian/ubuntu people here so I was hoping that one of them would have the answer or at least some deeper knowledge of X server. I chose Xbuntu cause it comes nativly with xfce as its interface
and with all the raw power of the 700 mhz Curoso processor and a
whooping 256 mb of ram.... I thought it would come in handy.

I initially took it to watch movies and video on the train it has a 40
gig HD (on the spec sheets I saw that it usually only comes with a 10-20 gig) and the battery life is supposed to be great... but this one only
lasts a hour or so. I thought it would make a great little work/mobile
pc.

Where you ever able to get the usb functioning or any network cards?

I never had problems with USB but used it only with a card-reader. For Network I'm using a PCMCIA-card (corega Ether II PCC-TD -- it's 10 MBit but functions). For installing the system I install the HDD in another computer, install the system and build it into the Libretto again.

Niels

--
Jack Sparrow: How did you get here?
Will Turner: Sea turtles, mate. A pair of them strapped to my feet.