Re: [tlug] xbuntu on Toshiba Libretto L1 video resolution X11 (among other) problems --update

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 07:57 +0200, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:

> I have the same problems and even tried a configuration that
> functioned when I ran SuSE (with XFree 4.3 or so) on that machine.
> Asked similar questions on this list several months ago and didn't
> get an answer :(
I know there are a lot of debian/ubuntu people here so I was hoping that
one of them would have the answer or at least some deeper knowledge of X
server. I chose Xbuntu cause it comes nativly with xfce as its interface
and with all the raw power of the 700 mhz Curoso processor and a
whooping 256 mb of ram.... I thought it would come in handy.

I initially took it to watch movies and video on the train it has a 40
gig HD (on the spec sheets I saw that it usually only comes with a 10-20
gig)  and the battery life is supposed to be great... but this one only
lasts a hour or so. I thought it would make a great little work/mobile
pc.

Where you ever able to get the usb functioning or any network cards?

regards,

E:(