Re: [tlug] xbuntu on Toshiba Libretto L1 video resolution X11 (among other) problems --update

On Sep 1, 2006, at 6:32 AM, GMO Unix Erin D. Hughes wrote:

I checked the Xorg.0.log again and now it says

(II) SAVAGE(0) Not using mode "1280X600" (no mode for this name)
" " " "		Choose mode 115 @ 60Hz
"" "" "" 	Virtual size is 800X&00 (pitch 800)

so I guess the real question is how do I create a mode for my display
that will fit it ?
I tried this but it did not seem to work...

Modeline "1280x600" 60 1280 1328 1512 1712 600 601 603 625

I was also thinking if there was away to edit the files that
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-org looks at to include my resolution but I
think now that would lead me to the same place I am at...

I have the same problems and even tried a configuration that functioned when I ran SuSE (with XFree 4.3 or so) on that machine. Asked similar questions on this list several months ago and didn't get an answer :(

Niels

--
Jack Sparrow: Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
-- Pirates of the Carribean: The Secret of the Black Pearl