Re: [tlug] Small detail - file icons

Dave M G writes:

 > I discovered that there is a .thumbnails directory in my home folder.
 > And it has a PNG image file for every file that has been made into a
 > thumbnail on my system ever.
 >
 > That's actually a little spooky. I don't think I want that kind of
 > history kicking around.

Uh, Dave?  Hate to tell you this, but "that kind of history" is
spelled "G-U-I" and "convenience".  Convenient GUIs cannot work
without it.  "That kind of history" is why private information leaks
out of Windows workstations by the gigabyte.

"Convenient, intuitive, privacy-preserving.  Choose one or both of the
first two, or the third---no other combinations are available at this
time, and only God can enable new ones."

Yep-Im-shooting-for-'net-wide-sig-propagation-ly y'rs,