Re: [tlug] [OT] Creating user-friendly URLS with mod_rewrite/Apache

Godwin,

Thank you for responding.

You missed out the changes to your httpd.conf mentioned in the page
Josh gave you. Specifically, the "LoadModule" and "AddModule"
directives.
I didn't so much miss them as get the impression that they didn't apply.

Adding these lines to httpd.conf:

LoadModule rewrite_module     /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_rewrite.so
AddModule mod_rewrite.c

Caused these errors:
dave@example.com:/usr/lib/apache2/modules$ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
* Forcing reload of apache 2.0 web server... [Sun Aug 20 02:28:53 2006] [warn] module rewrite_module is already loaded, skipping
Syntax error on line 8 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'AddModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
[fail]

By removing the "AddModule mod_rewrite.c" line, Apache starts, but it still says "rewrite_module is already loaded", despite the fact that I still don't see it listed when I run "apache2 -l".

--
Dave M G