Re: [tlug] [OT] Creating user-friendly URLS with mod_rewrite/Apache

On 19/08/06, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:

And if so, then if I restart Apache, then mod_rewrite should be working.

dave@example.com:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
* Forcing reload of apache 2.0 web server...  [ ok ]

So far as I can tell, it isn't working (same results as reported earlier
in this thread). But I don't know if that's because I have .htaccess set
up wrong, or still have Apache not configured properly.

Well, re-run "apache2 -l", and make sure you see mod_rewrite.c. If you
don't, mod_rewrite is not being loaded.

-Josh