Re: [tlug] Language considerations

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:02:35 +0900, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com>
wrote:

> pun-tastic name, BTW.)
>
> Subscribe by the usual method--the admin address is
> lingo-request@example.com
>
> Why don't you announce this on the main list, since it is your baby?

So, here is the announcement.

It's a bit of an experiment to see if it'll work, really, but there's
now a TLUG mailing list for discussing (spoken) languages. Many of us
here at TLUG are learning at least one foreign language and, although
there are plenty of learning "forums" (I know, a mailing list isn't a
forum strictly speaking, but you know what I mean) already around, I
thought it could be a neat idea to create one with what could be a more
relaxed environment in that its members already know each other.

Josh agreed to give the idea a spin, so here we are.

As things are right now I've recently started learning Japanese, so I'll
doubtless have a few questions to ask once/if the mailing list gains any
momentum. English being my mother tongue I can help there, and with
French (I'm bilingual). I can probably help with German and Dutch too,
to a lesser extent.

So, those who are interested can subscribe by pointing their browsers
here: