[tlug] Hosting site suggestions

I am beginning exploration of a possible new home for my dictionary-related
projects, which I have run out of Monash University for the last 15
years. I expect that in about 2 years time I'll no longer have a
relationship with Monash (I retired 3 years ago and am currently an
honorary research fellow), and I can't expect that they'll host my
stuff forever.

I am planning to set up a home site for EDICT/JMdict/KANJDIC/WWWJDIC/etc.
on a commercial *n*x system somewhere, which can be funded by donations
or <shudder>advertising</shudder>. At present I am looking for a possible
site.

My needs are:
-reliable *n*x system.
-user account with at least 2Gb of user disk. More would be better.
-reasonably full set of server level software, including Apache, gcc,
MySQL, PHP, rsync, etc. etc.
-very good Internet connection
-reasonable contract continuity. I don't want to have to move every
couple of years

I don't really need root access if the right software is installed.

A potential one I have had recommended is http://www.redwoodvirtual.com/
which offers an empty Linux virtual system in what seems to be a well-
backed up and connection commercial installation. Something like
their Small Business package would probably fit, and at my curent donation
rate is affordable.

Are there any good recommendations from TLUGers of possible hosting sites?

Cheers

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554