Re: [tlug] Multiple players at same instance.

Josh Glover wrote:
On 17/08/06, Narendra Prabhu. B <narendra.prabhu@example.com> wrote:

In my system (Debian, Kernel v2.6.8), I am able to play only one player
at a time. For instance, when I running  xmms, no other application can
use the sound card.

I believe you need a sound server like esd or its ilk. Do you use
GNOME, KDE, or another desktop environment / window manager?

Thanks for the responses.

I tried to install with ALSA. It did not seem to straight forward. I kept it aside for the movement.

Then I tried ESD and arts(KDE). I use KDE on my system, but I choose to use ESD, as the players that I use have plugins for ESD ready available (and working) from Debian repository.

Everything is fine but for realplayer, which does not seem to work with ESD. For now, I guess, I can live with that as I seldom use realplayer.

Thanks again,
Naren.