Re: [tlug] Is having no "iptables" bad?

On 01/08/06, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:

I just opened "Firestarter" (a firewall application, ICYDKA) to set some
port rules, and it wouldn't start because it said:

"Failed to start the firewall
Your kernel does not support iptables.
Please check your network device settings and make sure your internet
connection is active."
[...]
Is this another module I need to enable in my kernel like Josh showed me
how to do with my IVTV modules?

Yes.

Do I really need them? Firestarter thinks I do, but should I believe it?

If you want a firewall (and you probably do), you need iptables.

-Josh