[tlug] Real-world replacement for Windows?

Nice meeting, but... I admit that my primary interest in Linux is as a
replacement for Windows. I was hoping to get some information about next
steps in that process, but didn't really get much information along those
lines. Not sure how to put "the problem". I'm a computerized professional,
and I've been using computers for many years. I believe I could learn about
Linux to whatever degree of detail is required (which is a pleasant contrast
to Windows)--but I've got other things to do with my time, and I'd prefer to
keep the tool study part to a relative minimum.