Re: [tlug] just a quick note... more to come later :)

Hello again :) [1]

Thank you all for many responses. Especially to Jim.

Well, as a matter of pure luck, I was able to spent several more hours
on the code. Thus I have implemented most of Jim's suggestions.
(I have not done Jim's measureTemp_cold() yet - e.g. the polynom stuff)

Again it is still not finished work and more is to come....
but as Jim pointed out - release soon and release quickly. Thus again
for the impatient:
http://material.karlov.mff.cuni.cz/people/hajek/pec/lojza-char/

Other news from the project:
Based on Stephen's question about precision, I changed all doubles to
floats, since of course there is not that much precision involved.
But than I changed it back to doubles, according to Jim's speed
considerations. :))

_Before_ I could implement Jim's suggestions, I have played with the
nanovoltmeter a bit and discovered, that if I do do not use any other
functions (as printf() ) for the binary data, I can read it well.
I find it difficult to explain why this happens, but I can tell, that I
was able to compile the following code and it have read right numbers:
http://material.karlov.mff.cuni.cz/people/hajek/pec/lojza-double/

Anyway, after I produced working lojza-char program [3], I am convinced that
string reading is _not_ my speed problem.
Even though it now takes some 3s to finish one measurement loop, I
believe there is some other issue involved. I will come to this soon
(eg. next week or so, under condition, that I finaly leave my desk :)))

[1] I perhaps understand Jim's point on my smileys, but I really like
smileys and on this list I have seen many disputes and not so many
smileys. Would it be possible to tolerate me in this respect for some
time? Say, until I settle down a bit and become older and more serious,
respectable and wise member of the society [2] ?  :)

[2] which should not take too long, I am afraid.
[3] yes, it is working well. At least reagrding the numbers. Speed is
another issue.

Best regards
Michal