Re: [tlug] I'm a glutton for punishment - Palm Pilot and Ubuntu Dapper LTS connectivity [SOLVED]

Godwin

So, how did you end up connecting? USB or BT?

Sorry, I thought I said that I had done it with USB.

I think Bluetooth may still be something worth exploring, because it might be more stable than the USB. But for now I'm just going to use USB because it's working and I have a backlog of files and data that I've wanted to put on my Palm.

I might also state now, having played with it a bit for the last little while, that the USB hotsync with gnome-pilot is very flaky. It seems that in order to get it working, you have to make sure you wait a long time after the computer boots before attempting a sync. And also, if anything ever goes wrong, for example if a hotsync times out, or if the connection gets lost, or anything happens at all, then forget about trying to reconnect. Once one error has happened, something somewhere gets locked up and you might as well reboot before attempting again.

Also, I still can't figure out how to actually install new Palm programs with gnome pilot. It has a file install conduit (or so it seems), but damned if I can figure out where to put the .prc files or how to line them up to install on the next hotsync.

--
Dave M G