[tlug] Emacs batch commands, over many files

Dear TLUGers,

I want to run an Emacs lisp program on lots of files, and it seems that the Emacs -batch option is the obvious way, for example:

emacs * -batch --eval '(progn (insert "from batch")(save-buffer))'

But this works on only last of the files served up by the "*" expansion, the rest of the files are ignored.

How do I get emacs to see all the files passed to it? (They are in the list seen by emacs, stored in the command-line-args variable, but I don't see how to get emacs to visit them.)

thanks,

David Riggs   Kyoto