Re: [tlug] I'm a glutton for punishment - Palm Pilot and Ubuntu Dapper LTS connectivity

Godwin,

Thanks for responding.

Very few are Bluetooth- or WiFi-enabled, but most do have an IR port.
Do you mean the Palm or the desktop? If you mean the Palm, I'm good to go. The TX has both. It's the PC side that I have to sort out.

There's a decent HowTo about connecting Palm via BlueTooth in Linux here:
http://howto.pilot-link.org/bluesync/index.html

My main concern is actually that the problem with my Palm doesn't seem to be lack of connectivity, as it is transferring data once a connection is established. So it may be possible that I could hook up by Bluetooth or WiFi and have the exact same problem.

But, at this point, it's worth a shot.

Another annoyance, though, is that I'm out of slots in my mini-tower type computer. I guess if I need to buy a bluetooth device, it has to be USB.

--
Dave M G