Re: [tlug] Not the Real World

On 25/07/06, Roger Markus <rogermarku@example.com> wrote:

The problem of course, is supply and demand.  Possessors of a skill that is
in short supply have a natural tendency to be nasty.  If supply increases
however, then they will lose that luxury.
[...]
But again - holding the keys does promote nastiness.  It's ugly, very ugly,
but also human nature!

Oh come on! If anything, having a skill that is in short supply
promotes arrogance, not nastiness.

For as long as I have been a member of TLUG, I have seen *far* more
nastiness from people who do not posess the skills that are in short
supply, when the people who do will not help them "fix my linux server
asap!".