Re: [tlug] I'm a glutton for punishment - Palm Pilot and Ubuntu Dapper LTS connectivity

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 22:52:53 +0900, "Stephen J. Turnbull"
<stephen@example.com> wrote:

>     Dave> Really? Some web sites indicate that ttyUSB* come and go
>     Dave> with the pressing of the hotsync button. So much so that I
>     Dave> assumed it was the norm.
>
> It could be done that way, but I doubt that any devfs- or udev-based
> system would.

Actually, the PalmPilot is a bit of an oddball device.

Connect it to a USB port and your /dev/ttyUSB{0,1} appear.

Start a hotsync operation by tapping the hotsync icon on the device and
they DISappear and then REappear. That's why you have to start by
initiating the process on the handheld, and only after a few seconds
initiate the transfer on the PC.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.