Re: [tlug] I'm a glutton for punishment - Palm Pilot and Ubuntu Dapper LTS connectivity

It sounds like you are almost there, especially if the kernel recognizes the device when you plug it in. Did you try doing the

pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB0 --list

about 2 or 3 seconds after pressing hotsync? The symlink pilot can be ignored for the time being, just try to access the palm via ttyUSB0 or ttyUSB1.

As for my current adventures with the pilot, I managed to get an oops from the kernel:

Jul 22 16:16:58 slackisland kernel: visor ttyUSB1: Device lied about number of ports, please use a lower one.

So it's a conundrum. I can use pilot-xfer and list, and was even able to retreive user info from the pilot using the gpilotd-control-applet, but kpilot can't find the device. Maybe I'll give jpilot a shot. Or donate the pilot to the needy and get a zaurus ;-)

Anyway keep on hacking, there is a way to make it work. Probably.

Cheers,
Scott VanDusen