Re: [tlug] I'm a glutton for punishment - Palm Pilot and Ubuntu Dapper LTS connectivity

Godwin,

Thanks for following up.

It's always like that.
Really? Some web sites indicate that ttyUSB* come and go with the pressing of the hotsync button. So much so that I assumed it was the norm.

Tap hot-sync on the palm *first*, and then run whatever it is you want
to run on the PC.

Hmm... that doesn't seem to do it. When I try running gpilotd-control-applet, j-pilot, or "pilot-xfer -p /dev/pilot --list" and press the hotsync on the cradle before doing anything, I just get no response at all.

I saw on one web site that said in j-pilot one should press hotsync, then wait at least five seconds before hitting hotsync in the desktop interface. But nonetheless, it just waits indefinitely. And eventually the Palm Pilot times out.

--
Dave M G