Re: [tlug] Modprobe error

Stephen,
If you're at the bleeding edge (and you seem to be, since your "toys"
occasionally "magically" start working with an upgrade), the highest
probability approach is to use a source-based system, and anything
that doesn't work after an upgrade you rebuild from scratch.
What you describe there is pretty much what I've been doing, isn't it? Just about all the applications I have move along smoothly with the upgrades. The only ones that don't are VMWare player and IVTV. For VMWare, it's not that bad because they provide a small script I can run every time which reconfigures it for the new kernel.

IVTV is the one thing that I've got going that involves a process of building from scratch every time.

And, as mentioned, even that was working fine, except for this last time.

--
Dave M G