Re: [tlug] Support for less common I/O boards

Jim,
By the way, that a new kernel can break things, is scary for businesses, so when they settle on an OS, they want it to be supported for years, without major upgrades. RHEL (and Centos) do that.
What counts as a "major" upgrade? Don't Centos and RHEL also do minor upgrades on the kernel? I tried Centos for a little while, and I thought that was the case.

I mean, what's the difference between an upgrade from 2.6.15-25-686 to 2.6.15-26-686, as opposed to say an upgrade from 2.6.15-26-686 to 2.6.16-01-686?

--
Dave M G