Re: [tlug] Modprobe error

Botond,

Thank you for replying.
If that's the case, why don't you buy a TV card that has support in the
kernel (bttv line and possibly others) ?

I thought I had. I had researched TV tuner card support before purchasing it. I came across many sites, including the Hauppage site itself, which said drivers were available and watching TV in Linux with a Hauppauge card was common.

What I am guilty of, though, is not reading deeply enough. I had naively thought that "support" meant relatively straightforward installation. However, it turned out that "support" meant "possible, after much effort".

--
Dave M G