[tlug] Modprobe error

TLUG,

Every time my kernel gets upgraded, I have to go through the tedious process of reinstalling my IVTV drivers so that my TV Tuner card will work.

It sucks to have to go through 20 steps each time, but at least my TV tuner works.

At least, it did until the recent upgrade. After the last upgrade to 2.6.15-26-686, I go through all the necessary steps, and then when it comes to the second to last, it fails.

I've tried two different sets of instructions:
http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto:Ubuntu
http://hyams.webhop.net/mythtv/myth_ubuntu.html (under section 5)

And I've made the necessary adjustments for Dapper, as described here:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=186747

But regardless of what I do, both sets of instructions end up with this:
dave@example.com:/usr/src/ivtv0.4-0.4.6/utils$ sudo modprobe ivtv
FATAL: Error inserting ivtv (/lib/modules/2.6.15-26-686/ivtv/ivtv.ko): Invalid module format

I've posted on the above mentioned forum, in the very thread I link to, asking about this, but the responses haven't produced any different results. They've been along the lines of "try removing everything and start again". Which I did, but I got right back to where I was.

Although I don't expect anyone here to be experts on IVTV, I thought maybe someone could shed light on what this modprobe error so that maybe I can have a better idea of where to look for problems.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G